MEMORANDUM & ARTICLES OF SOCIETY OF “PAKISTAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOVASCULAR & THORACIC SURGEONS”
Certificate of Registration of Societies Act XXI of 1860
KAR No. 2820 of 1994. -19 .
I hereby certify that PAKISTAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOVASCULAR & THORACIC SURGEON AT 4th FLOOR NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, RAFIQUI (H.J) SHAHEED ROAD, KARACHI.
has this day been duly registered under the Societies Registration Act, XXI of 1860
Given under my hand at Karachi this TWELFTH day of October 1994
One thousand nine hundred and NINETY FOUR.
( LALA QADIR )
Provincial Assistant Registrar,
Joint Stock Companies, Sind,
MEMORANDUM OF SOCIETY OF “PAKISTAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOVASCULAR & THORACIC SURGEONS”
(A society formed under Section-20 of Societies Registration Act, 1860 for Promoting the objects mentioned in the Memorandum and prohibiting the payment of any dividend to its member).
A) The name of the Society is Pakistan Society of Cardiovascular and thoracic Surgeons (hereinafter referred to as the Society”.
B) The Registered office of the society shall be situated at National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Rafiqui (H.J) Shaheed Road, Karachi.
C) The object for which the Society is established are as under and it is hereby expressly stated that the object set forth in any sub-clause of this clauses shall not except where the context so required, be in any way limited or restricted by reference to or inference from the terms of any other sub-clause, or by the name of the society, arid none of such clauses or the objects therein specified or the powers thereby conferred shall be deemed subsidiary or merely auxiliary of the object mentioned in any other sub clause of this clause.
i) To do and promote charity among the people of Pakistan and elsewhere in other countries and to promote and advance the welfare/well being in respect of the health of the people of Pakistan and of other countries in the world.
ii) To promote and propagate the cause of Cardiovascular and thoracic Society, and for that purpose hold meetings, symposises, seminars, lectures and clinical demonstrations.
iii) To help and promote the care of patients of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
iv) To carry our research in CARDIOVASCULAR and THORACIC SURGERY and to award research fellowship and scholarship.
v) To publish books, magazines and journals of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
vi) To seek co-operation of, and/or affiliation with other national medical bodies, societies which may be making endeavours for the attainment of the objects of the society.
vii) To establish contacts and co-operate with the associations, societies and bodies in other having same objects wholly or partly similar to those of this society.
viii) To raise and establish funds by contributions and by receiving gifts, aids, donations, benefactions and by any other means, from members of the society.
ix) The society shall be formed and registered as a Society as defined in the Section-20 of Societies Registration Act, 1860.
x) No change in the Memorandum and the articles shall be made without the prior approval of the Registrar of Societies under Section-20 of Societies Registration Act, 1860.
xi) The Society in all its letter heads, documents, sign boards, etc. shall mention that it has been set up under Certificate from Registrar Joint Stock Registration Act, 1860.
xii) The Socety would provide to the such returns periodically or otherwise as prescribed by the Government of Sindh from time to time.
xiii) If upon winding-up or dissolution of the society, there remains after satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid or distributed amongst members of the society but shall be given or transferred to some other institution having objects similar to all or any of the objects of the society as may be determined by the council or management at or before the time of the winding up or dissolution, and in default thereof as may be determined by such court as may have jurisdiction in the matter.
List of managing committee to whom the work of management has been entrusted.
Sr. No Name Occupation Designation
1. Col. M.A. Cheema, Heart President Specialist.
2. Col. Masud-ur-Rehman Kiyani-do- Vice President
3. Prof. M. Rehman,-do- G.Secretary
4. Dr. Arif-ur-Rehman -do- J.Seceretary
5. Lt.Col.M.B.Y. Bilal, Cardiac Treasurer Sergeon
6. Prof. Jawad Sajid Heart Editor R/o 36-G, Model Town, Lahore. Specialist
7. Dr.Sohila M.Ali, Cardiac Sergeon Joint Editor
8. Dr. Shakar Ahmed Shah-do-Ordinary Member
9. Prof. I.H. Rathore-do-
We the several persons whose names, addresses and descriptions are subscribed herein below are desirous of being formed into a society in pursuance of the Memorandum of Society.
Sr. Names Occupation Names of companies
No. Association & other Institution in which the
Promoters hold any office
Stating the office held in each case
1) Prof. Muhammad Rehman Heart Head of the Department of Specialist Cardiac Surgery, National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Karachi.
2) Col. M.A. Cheema, -do- Professor of Cardiac Surgery, Punjab Institute of Cardiology, Lahore.
3) Col. Masud-ur-Rehman-do-Head of Department of Cardiac Surgery, Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology / National Institute of Heart Diseases, Rawalpindi.
4) Prof. Jawad Sajid Khan, -do- Professor of Cardiac Surgery King Edwards Medical College, Lahore.
5) Prof. I.H. Rathore, Thoracic National Institute of Surgeon Cardiovascular diseases Karachi.
6) Dr. Sohaila Mohsin Ali Cardiac Assistant Prof. Department Surgeon of Cardiac Surgery National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases,Karachi.
7) Col. M. Bilal Yousuf, -do- Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology & National Institute of Heart Disease, Rawalpindi.
Date: day of March, 1993.
1) Ali Ahmed Jan, Bangash, Advocate,
55/A, Aziz Chamber, Opp: City Court, Karachi.
2) Mushtaq Raza Banghash, Advocate,
55/A, Aziz Chamber,
Opp:City Court, Karachi.